In the city of Damietta, in Egypt, on November 26/27, 2016 will take place the first professional event – forum for the wood and furniture industry. WoodTech Forum is the new conference and exhibition for professionals in wood and furniture that will be held in the center of the Egyptian furniture cluster (72% share of the country’s production).
In WoodTech forum will take place speeches, presentations and case studies by prominent speakers coming from international institutes and organizations with themes such as: innovation in the wood processing sector and new materials, modern furniture production processes, new sales and marketing methods in accessing new markets, market research on global furniture trends, modern design.
The economy of Egypt after the political agitations, is growing again, with a rate between 3.3 and 4.3 %. Indicative of the growth of the Egyptian economy, is that the exports of Egyptian building materials sector, jumped in May 2016, reaching $480.2 million (EGP4.2bn). The total growth is impressive. 86 % increase compared to the same period in 2015. Also very important is the fact that the Damietta region supplies all North-African and Middle-Eastern countries with a growing export volume coming close to 400 million USD exports, a high potential for furniture technology and components too.
Key points of the Egyptian market that you should be aware of:
- Egypt market imports 700.000 m2 of beech per year
- The imports of natural and artificial veneer reaches the amount of 13 million sqm.
- More than 600.000 m3 of plywood imports
- Over of 80% of the furniture that the Egyptian artisans produce, goes to the Arabic countries
- The real estate sector of Egypt is projected to grow by 70% by 2020. This means further increase of the construction sector and consequently in the field of wood and furniture.